After long CAD development based on 3D scan of OEM subframe, tested with CAD FEA (Finite element method) and road going tests you can now buy brand new, subframe for front of your Audi TT / TTS / TT-RS
Using same T45 tubing as in WRC cars, our subframes provide increased stiffness and mass reduction. All factory parts bolt up to this unit, no other modifications are necessary.
– 6 kg (13 lbs), it is 3.3 kg (7.3lbs) saving over OEM subframe. OEM subframe is 9.3 kg.
– one mounting subframe position, eliminates subframe shifting under the car. No need for subframe locking kit (weight savings).
– increases chassis rigidity for improved handling performance. No need for additional lower bar/member brace (weight savings).
– better access to car under body and enables wishbones change with out subframe removal
– T45 (BS4T45 to BS4T100) tubing imported from UK and S355 metal sheets
– all components TIG welded
– delivered painted (powder coated) black or on special order (+50 euro) any RAL color
– can be used with OEM wishbones
– mounts to the OEM car body and no other modifications are needed to fit the subframe
– includes two xenon lights mounts
What is included:
– front subframe painted with polyurethane dogbone mount
Used in :
– Audi TT 8J (2007-2014)
– Audi TTS 8J (2008-2014)
– Audi TTRS 8J (2009-2014)
Subframe is made only Left Hand Drive cars, will not work with cars for UK, Cyprus, Ireland, Malta. ect.
T45 is a very unique seamless carbon based steel tube that has been used in many applications in different industries. It is stronger than Co-Mo 4130 tubing that also used in motorsport. It is widely used in the aerospace sector in equipment such as pilot’s seats and crew’s seats due to the materials ability to withstand high G forces without snapping or splitting. This material is a Carbon Manganese based and conforms to the full Aerospace Specification laid down by British Standards.
Tensile: 700 – 900MPa,
0.2% Yield 620MPa minimum
Hardness Test: 201min – 262 max HB or 210min – 275max HV.
– 8J0199313C / 8J0 199 313C
Notice: Sold for off road, track and racing applications only. We strongly advice to mount the subframe in qualified and experienced workshop that would know what are doing.
Some of the cars using it: